Tips for Support and Recovery
Metro Area Community Resources for the FBHP 2014-2015 directory of local resources.
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF)
The Department administers the Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus programs as well as a variety of other programs for Colorado’s low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) OBH is the State’s behavioral health authority in the Colorado Department of Human Services. It is responsible for policy development, service provision and coordination, program monitoring and evaluation, and administrative oversight for the public behavioral health system.
- Colorado Mental Wellness Network
The Network is a statewide grassroots organization run by and for individuals with mental illness.
- Mental Health America-Colorado
The Colorado Chapter of the national organization works to improve the mental health of Americans with mental disorders, through advocacy, education, research and service.
- Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health
The Colorado Chapter of the national organization promotes the mental health for all children, youth and families.
- National Alliance for Mental Illness-Colorado
NAMI Colorado is the Colorado chapter of the national organization whose mission is to give strength and hope to individuals with mental illness and their families.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law is a national legal advocate for people with mental disabilities. The Center works to advance and preserve the rights of people with mental illnesses and developmental disabilities.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is a Federal agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Programs for which CMS is responsible include Medicare, Medicaid, State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), and HIPAA.
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
Contact the SSA for information on Disability and SSI benefits, to make online claims and to get help with your situation.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
In collaboration with the States, national and local community-based and faith-based organizations, and public and private sector providers, SAMHSA is working to ensure that people with or at risk for a mental or addictive disorder have the opportunity for a fulfilling life that includes a job, a home, and meaningful relationships with family and friends.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Health and Human Services is the United States government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- National Institute of Mental Health
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is an excellent resource for information on research in the field of mental health and fact sheets on diagnoses.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Focusing on teen, adolescence and young adult issues, The Academy acts both as a professional network for its members and a specialized community dedicated to education development and advocacy of adolescents and the adolescent psychiatric field.
- BU Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
The Boston University Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation is dedicated to improving the lives of people with psychiatric disabilities by improving the effectiveness of people, programs and service systems.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
The Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA) is a national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to informing the public, healthcare professionals and legislators that anxiety disorders are real, serious and treatable.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) is the nation’s leading patient-directed organization focusing on the most prevalent mental illnesses – depression and bipolar disorder.